Ignatius Omusuku is an Innovative leader and accomplished professional with thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts and approaches relevant to oil and gas processing facilities, integrated assets and the value chain. He has 25 year hands-on experience in the areas of risk management, operations readiness & assurance, commissioning, start-ups and shutdowns, asset integrity and production optimization. He has been involved in managing diverse range of projects from inception to completion without compromising the quality.
His Proven expertise are in:
• Shaping Strategic business Planning & Execution
• Operations readiness and assurance
• Commissioning, start-ups, Shutdowns & Turnarounds
• Management of Change Process (MOC)
• Process Safety and Risk Management
• Operations activity planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, both at strategic and tactical levels
• Corporate, Regulatory & Industrial Compliance
• Work Hazard Management (WHM)
• Technical document reviews
• Team Leadership, Training, coaching & Mentoring
• Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR)
• Power plant processes such as gas gathering & processing, purification, dehydration, refrigeration, compression, Power generation, NGL Recovery, fired heater operations, Oil pumping and metering, gas flow measurement and treatment, water treatment, Pig launching and retrieval, Jetty operation, safe isolation of equipment or processes for maintenance intervention and other utility services to industrial and processing facilities.
Ignatius has held various sensitive and functional safety critical roles in the last 21 years but ultimately, he is a connector who can bring various interests together to meet project and organizational goals. Some achievements of his are:
• Commissioned six LNG trains with combined capacity of 22mpta, a business with annual turnover of $6B+ that produced 8% of the world’s LNG and contributed to circa 7% of the nation’s GDP.
• Managed the Plant-Wide Pre-Incident Plan for I.C use during emergencies for a major International Gas plant.
• Facilitated the development of HSSE major case for a major International Gas plant to effectively manage and mitigate identified risks.
• Commissioned and started-up 3.4mtpa of LPG and 2.8bcf/d of stabilized condensate.
• Reviewed over 650 technical documents (Operations Procedures, IPF Protocols) for a major International Gas plant.
• Facilitated the Plant-Wide alarm Rationalization under the Shell Exploration and Operations Ensure Safe Production
1. Masters Degree in Engineering with a Major in Process Safety and Loss Prevention
2. Bachelor Degree In Chemical Engineering
3. Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
He is a member in good standing with the Gas Processing Association of Canada